6'4" guy thought I was 5'11"
Lightbulb 
So I met a 6'4" guy that was constantly getting his height commented on, the "you're so tall" and the other obvious icebreakers, but I decided to ask how tall he thought I was to see if he thought I was short. I'm know he was really 6'4" because I came up to his mouth.

Surprisingly, he said "5'11, you don't look that short". You would expect a guy that tall to think a 5'9" man was short, but he thought I was almost 6 feet despite being 7 inches taller. It just goes to show you that not all extremely tall men consider men of average height to be short, and that even very tall men underestimate what 5'9" looks like .
(08-08-2018, 05:47 PM)luro98 Wrote: So I met a 6'4" guy that was constantly getting his height commented on, the "you're so tall" and the other obvious icebreakers, but I decided to ask how tall he thought I was to see if he thought I was short. I'm know he was really 6'4" because I came up to his mouth.

Surprisingly, he said "5'11, you don't look that short". You would expect a guy that tall to think a 5'9" man was short, but he thought I was almost 6 feet despite being 7 inches taller. It just goes to show you that not all extremely tall men consider men of average height to be short, and that even very tall men underestimate what 5'9" looks like .

You sure he was 6'4"? It's easy for us sub 5'10 guys to mistake strong 6'2" men for 6'4". Also he didn't underestimate your height he actually overestimated it.
Some people are really bad at judging height.
I think he said " "5'11, you don't look that short" because he based his opinion off of his estimate of your height. He probably thought about the height 5'11 and realized that it was close to 6'0 which is the ideal height for men.  I also do think that people are bad at estimating height if they are estimating a person who's much shorter than them. For example if I were to estimate someone who's 1 or 2 inches shorter than me, I might guess their height accurately. However if they were like 4'10 or 4'8 it would be very difficult to estimate their height.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is 5'7 thought to be outside the normal range of height? randomperson 9 919 02-11-2018, 05:51 PM
Last Post: mrbumble95
  6'1.5" guy thought he was 6'3" Blitzman 3 461 12-01-2017, 01:36 AM
Last Post: ozzie
Video Hamilton to Schwarzenegger: "I thought you were taller" BigJeff 2 495 08-10-2017, 03:39 AM
Last Post: austin
  Celebrities who are taller than you thought? silphium 8 859 08-05-2017, 06:30 AM
Last Post: sonny
  I always thought I would be a giant gocavs 2 444 06-25-2017, 06:17 PM
Last Post: andrewmerz