The average height of a young adult in UK is 6ft tall? Thats a bit sad.
Im barely 5'10 and i was feeling good about my height finally being double digit in inches (I was stuck at 5'9) and people are always like the average height is 5'9 and 5'10, but they always fail to mention that this average height accounts in older people (previous generation) who didnt have great diet and thus are shorter and thus bring the average height down. Teenagers or young adult otherwise has a much bigger average height and as a 20 year old, i would be competiing with them, not the older people, and in that regard i am shorter than average. Uk for example, a 20 year old have an average height of 6ft 0.4in (184 cm) which is tall.

I wonder if the same thing holds true for penis size. You being happy with your 7 inch penis and finds out that that is actually average when you only account younger people.
I have approved your post but I had to remove your link as it led to a low quality website which didn't have any legitimate sources. Post only reliable sources like popular news outlets and research websites.
I don't know what statistics you're looking at mate but the average young adult in the UK is definitely not 6 feet, much less 6ft 0.4in!
(08-07-2018, 08:51 PM)Haifisch Wrote: I don't know what statistics you're looking at mate but the average young adult in the UK is definitely not 6 feet, much less 6ft 0.4in!

Not even the Dutch are that tall.
This is dumb in a handful of ways but most importantly the common misconception that average height statistics aren't separated by age... They are. Here is a height chart from the NHS showing that the average 18 year old in the UK is around 178cm

I also have to laugh at the idea that the "previous generation" had such a bad diet that they are 2-3 inches shorter than people in their 20s. It's not the mid-20th century, the previous generation didn't grow up during the great depression dude they grew up in the 60s and 70s. Food has been abundant in the western world for a long time now and if anything diets have probably gotten much worse. Isn't the average height staying the same or actually going DOWN slightly in a lot of developed countries?

The penis size thing just makes me think this is a troll though.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-07-2018, 09:37 PM)larynx Wrote: This is dumb in a handful of ways but most importantly the common misconception that average height statistics aren't separated by age... They are. Here is a height chart from the NHS showing that the average 18 year old in the UK is around 178cm

I also have to laugh at the idea that the "previous generation" had such a bad diet that they are 2-3 inches shorter than people in their 20s. It's not the mid-20th century, the previous generation didn't grow up during the great depression dude they grew up in the 60s and 70s. Food has been abundant in the western world for a long time now and if anything diets have probably gotten much worse. Isn't the average height staying the same or actually going DOWN slightly in a lot of developed countries?

The penis size thing just makes me think this is a troll though.

Great post. As you said young people today are not taller than the previous generation.
It's not even 5'11". I know plenty of 20-25 year olds and most of them are much shorter than I am.
I know that young Europeans are very tall but a 6 ft average does sound a little too much. Would love to see your sources.
If that was true 6'4 men like Jeremy Clarkson would be pretty common
I can agree with OP here, I'm 24 and I'm 6'3 and in a group of about 5 of my friends I'm the shortest. The tallest being 6'6. Most of them stand around 6'4 and theres another the same as me at 6'3, but up here in Northern England, most young men my age are 6 foot and above.
(09-16-2018, 02:08 AM)mbl93 Wrote: I can agree with OP here, I'm 24 and I'm 6'3 and in a group of about 5 of my friends I'm the shortest. The tallest being 6'6. Most of them stand around 6'4 and theres another the same as me at 6'3, but up here in Northern England, most young men my age are 6 foot and above.

I've been all over Britain and at 6'2 and a half I've always felt comfortably taller than most men. Maybe you're not truly 6'3"?
(09-16-2018, 02:08 AM)mbl93 Wrote: I can agree with OP here, I'm 24 and I'm 6'3 and in a group of about 5 of my friends I'm the shortest. The tallest being 6'6. Most of them stand around 6'4 and theres another the same as me at 6'3, but up here in Northern England, most young men my age are 6 foot and above.

lol right
(09-16-2018, 10:22 AM)bigfish Wrote:

I've been all over Britain and at 6'2 and a half I've always felt comfortably taller than most men. Maybe you're not truly 6'3"?

Nope definitely 6'3, the only reason I can say that with absolute certainty is because I got measured a few months back at work during a fitting for harnesses and PPE for a new site we're working at Smile. I agree though, I do feel comfortably taller than most men, maybe I just have an abnormally tall friend group? I do find myself to be taller than most men older than me though. Usually if I come across somebody taller than me then they're normally around my age or a little bit younger
(09-18-2018, 02:02 AM)mbl93 Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 10:22 AM)bigfish Wrote:

Nope definitely 6'3, the only reason I can say that with absolute certainty is because I got measured a few months back at work during a fitting for harnesses and PPE for a new site we're working at Smile. I agree though, I do feel comfortably taller than most men, maybe I just have an abnormally tall friend group? I do find myself to be taller than most men older than me though. Usually if I come across somebody taller than me then they're normally around my age or a little bit younger

Of course you have an abnormally tall friend group. Normally a 6'3" man would be the tallest one in his group, or at least among the tallest.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The self-reported average for young white males in the US as of 2017 is 180cm larynx 7 340 09-19-2018, 03:19 AM
Last Post: larynx
  Do you think 5'9-5'10 is the average height a human can reach or much higher Averageboi 2 194 09-06-2018, 03:58 AM
Last Post: heinz
  What is the real average height of male actors? Jack5ft9 1 236 07-19-2018, 06:30 AM
Last Post: gt sette
  Average height of world cup teams andrewmerz 6 330 07-14-2018, 04:06 PM
Last Post: bigfish
  At what height will you feel average in public? luro98 8 633 07-10-2018, 09:30 AM
Last Post: acorn