Can anyone give me a reason why I'm so short, besides "people come in all sizes"
Can anyone give me a reason as to potentially why I'm so short besides the usual "people come in all shapes and sizes"? Does such a thing for my scenario exist? I'm an 18 1/2 year old dude who is 5'1, 3~4 inches shorter than his own mother, and 7~8 than his father. Never had any serious issues eating, never had any problems with hormones or puberty, never had anything unusual really at all come up with doctors throughout my life, yet I'm incredibly short. Could there be any other possible reason as to my shortness, or will I have to live the rest of my life the size of a 12 year old knowing I just got drawn the short end of the stick :/
(07-23-2018, 08:13 AM)zesca Wrote: Can anyone give me a reason as to potentially why I'm so short besides the usual "people come in all shapes and sizes"? Does such a thing for my scenario exist? I'm an 18 1/2 year old dude who is 5'1, 3~4 inches shorter than his own mother, and 7~8 than his father. Never had any serious issues eating, never had any problems with hormones or puberty, never had anything unusual really at all come up with doctors throughout my life, yet I'm incredibly short. Could there be any other possible reason as to my shortness, or will I have to live the rest of my life the size of a 12 year old knowing I just got drawn the short end of the stick :/

Have you and your parents done a DNA test to confirm that you really are their kid? I personally don't know anyone who's shorter than his mother, much less anyone who's shorter than her and 7-8 inches shorter than his father!
(07-23-2018, 08:13 AM)zesca Wrote: Can anyone give me a reason as to potentially why I'm so short besides the usual "people come in all shapes and sizes"? Does such a thing for my scenario exist? I'm an 18 1/2 year old dude who is 5'1, 3~4 inches shorter than his own mother, and 7~8 than his father. Never had any serious issues eating, never had any problems with hormones or puberty, never had anything unusual really at all come up with doctors throughout my life, yet I'm incredibly short. Could there be any other possible reason as to my shortness, or will I have to live the rest of my life the size of a 12 year old knowing I just got drawn the short end of the stick :/

If they really are your bio parents and there's nothing wrong with you then you are a very rare exception. It's rare but it's possible for people to give birth to children with entirely different traits than their own.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  If you're short, people will let you know fivestees 4 620 04-05-2018, 07:33 PM
Last Post: celtiberian
  Should I just give up on the whole 'height' thing? Manlet2.0 5 791 01-27-2018, 11:34 AM
Last Post: meister
Thumbs Down No one cares about short people jets55 6 965 01-17-2018, 01:29 AM
Last Post: jets55
  Is this the reason why people think Americans are tall? mymoon 3 520 01-11-2018, 06:18 PM
Last Post: randomperson
  Hard floors give different measurements? luro98 3 582 12-28-2017, 12:42 AM
Last Post: jmorris724