i want to join in the FIGHT!
hI EVERYONE

Im claire. I am interested in joining the rest of yall fight heightism. I wanted to create an organization to fight this height prejudice.
(07-20-2018, 10:55 PM)ClaireMosaert Wrote: hI EVERYONE

Im claire. I am interested in joining the rest of yall fight heightism. I wanted to create an organization to fight this height prejudice.

I don't think you'll find many people here who are interested in being part of such an organization. Heightismhub is probably a better place for you.
Strange to see a woman, especially a woman over 5 feet tall who's so eager to fight against heightism. I don't think life is particularly difficult for a 5'1" female. It's only 3 inches below average and height is not as important for women as it is for men, but I could be wrong. Perhaps you could share your experiences with us.
(07-21-2018, 10:32 PM)lildon Wrote: Strange to see a woman, especially a woman over 5 feet tall who's so eager to fight against heightism. I don't think life is particularly difficult for a 5'1" female. It's only 3 inches below average and height is not as important for women as it is for men, but I could be wrong. Perhaps you could share your experiences with us.

Heightism negatively impacts short women as well. Even at five feet one I encounter insurmountable amount of prejudice towards me. Generally short women are treated like children. We are often seen as weak, taken less seriously, and words associated with short women are cute and adorable. In the workplace both short men and women get discriminated equally. As you may know short people make significant less amount of money. Usually leaders of companies are 6 feet or over. In the dating scene, not every guy wants to date a short girl. If they do nothing under five feet one. I also notice that as short females there is alot of sexism amongst short men twoards short women. Thats because even though short men are also severely marginalized they want to remain the patriarchy power structure. Short women are at the bottom of the social status of power. So to answer your question yes it affects us too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fight heightism ClaireMosaert 7 291 09-30-2018, 01:08 AM
Last Post: springfield
  Organization to fight heightism ClaireMosaert 2 225 07-22-2018, 02:29 PM
Last Post: acorn
  Why doesn't the left fight against heightism? EricBosch 3 577 10-03-2017, 06:18 PM
Last Post: captaint
  How to fight a taller guy? inferno 2 640 07-06-2017, 06:14 AM
Last Post: cod1993