I only grew 2 inches from 12 yrs old to 18 yrs old. Is this normal ?
Honestly, I was never bothered by height during pre-puberty, was an average kid and I played handball, was measured at 168cm or 5'6. 6 years later and I'm heavily lagging behind. I'm only 173cm or 5'8 (legit, barefoot, in the morning, no head raising, eyes are level, feet a couple inches apart).

My dilemma is that every single one of my friends grew 15 to 25cm or 6 inches to 10 inches. Every single one of them.
The average in my country is 180cm or 5'11, but when I go into the city everyone is 6' at least and I feel like a girl as the girls are fairly tall here too even if the women average height lags quite a bit behind my height, well most of them wear heels.

Will I bloom late or should I tell a doctor to determine my bone age or some stuff ? I know my growth plates aren't closed because I grew 1 cm from September 2017 to June 2018. I never had knee or leg growing pain, I only got facial hair after 15 yrs old, but I already had leg hair at 12 yrs old. 

My father is 174cm or 5'8 and a bit (measured at doctor's) and my mom is 158cm or 5'1. My tallest direct relative was both of my grandad's which measured 178cm or 5'10. And my father said he grew well into his 30s and stopped in his 40s, but he never specifically said he was a late bloomer.

What should I do ? Help. I'll be doomed to play the role of the meek clown that never gets any tail, but is cute to women if I don't do something about it while my growth plates are still open !
(07-13-2018, 02:41 PM)kristijan2000 Wrote: Honestly, I was never bothered by height during pre-puberty, was an average kid and I played handball, was measured at 168cm or 5'6. 6 years later and I'm heavily lagging behind. I'm only 173cm or 5'8 (legit, barefoot, in the morning, no head raising, eyes are level, feet a couple inches apart).

My dilemma is that every single one of my friends grew 15 to 25cm or 6 inches to 10 inches. Every single one of them.
The average in my country is 180cm or 5'11, but when I go into the city everyone is 6' at least and I feel like a girl as the girls are fairly tall here too even if the women average height lags quite a bit behind my height, well most of them wear heels.

Will I bloom late or should I tell a doctor to determine my bone age or some stuff ? I know my growth plates aren't closed because I grew 1 cm from September 2017 to June 2018. I never had knee or leg growing pain, I only got facial hair after 15 yrs old, but I already had leg hair at 12 yrs old. 

My father is 174cm or 5'8 and a bit (measured at doctor's) and my mom is 158cm or 5'1. My tallest direct relative was both of my grandad's which measured 178cm or 5'10. And my father said he grew well into his 30s and stopped in his 40s, but he never specifically said he was a late bloomer.

What should I do ? Help. I'll be doomed to play the role of the meek clown that never gets any tail, but is cute to women if I don't do something about it while my growth plates are still open !

Yours is a very strange case. Most men grow close to a foot taller during puberty. Even late bloomers usually grow 4 or more inches. Also it's impossible for people to grow taller in their 30s much less their 40s. Your father is just trying to get your hopes up.

Where are you from? The Netherlands? Not many countries have a 5'11" average.
5'8" is not bad considering your parents height, and that the tallest member in your family is 5'10". You said you got facial hair after 15 but can you grow full facial hair now? What about chest hair?
(07-13-2018, 02:52 PM)heinz Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 02:41 PM)kristijan2000 Wrote: Honestly, I was never bothered by height during pre-puberty, was an average kid and I played handball, was measured at 168cm or 5'6. 6 years later and I'm heavily lagging behind. I'm only 173cm or 5'8 (legit, barefoot, in the morning, no head raising, eyes are level, feet a couple inches apart).

Yours is a very strange case. Most men grow close to a foot taller during puberty. Even late bloomers usually grow 4 or more inches. Also it's impossible for people to grow taller in their 30s much less their 40s. Your father is just trying to get your hopes up.

Where are you from? The Netherlands? Not many countries have a 5'11" average.
According to my calculations I grew less than 0.5cm per year, that's horrible. I phrased that a bit wrong, he told me he grew till 30, not beyond and he's sure he stopped growimg now as he's 40 something. Believe me he's not the type of father that gets your hopes up, he's the father that laughs az you for still being smaller than him, he actually downs my hopes if that's the correct terminology.

I'm from Croatia btw, the people in the north are shorter, but the people in the coast and Herzegovina/ Montenegro are 6'2+ and I feel especially short because I live on the coast.
(07-13-2018, 03:01 PM)EricBosch Wrote: 5'8" is not bad considering your parents height, and that the tallest member in your family is 5'10". You said you got facial hair after 15 but can you grow full facial hair now? What about chest hair?

It would be good if I grew into that from 150cm, but I was already above average for a 12 yrs old. That being said I'm 18 and I can't grow a full beard only goatee, Italian moustache and sideburns, can't get the edges of the beard yet, my dad can grow a full beard. And I'm being generous, my beard is barely a beard as the beard is neither long nor on all parts of my jaw.

As for chest hair, I have a little, but I don't even have to shave it as it's almost 2d or unnoticeable. My lower body is way more uairy than my upper body. My lower body looks like it was hit by puberty, but my upper body looks the same as when I was 12. I didn't ecen gain any weight from 6 years ago, still a skinny 60kg shortie with a 44 EU foot size, which is 10/11 in US I think.
(07-13-2018, 03:16 PM)kristijan2000 Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 03:01 PM)EricBosch Wrote: 5'8" is not bad considering your parents height, and that the tallest member in your family is 5'10". You said you got facial hair after 15 but can you grow full facial hair now? What about chest hair?

It would be good if I grew into that from 150cm, but I was already above average for a 12 yrs old. That being said I'm 18 and I can't grow a full beard only goatee, Italian moustache and sideburns, can't get the edges of the beard yet, my dad can grow a full beard. And I'm being generous, my beard is barely a beard as the beard is neither long nor on all parts of my jaw.

As for chest hair, I have a little, but I don't even have to shave it as it's almost 2d or unnoticeable. My lower body is way more uairy than my upper body. My lower body looks like it was hit by puberty, but my upper body looks the same as when I was 12. I didn't ecen gain any weight from 6 years ago, still a skinny 60kg shortie with a 44 EU foot size, which is 10/11 in US I think.

Well you can grow some pretty good facial hair and you have some chest hair so it looks like you're close to your final height. I think you'll settle at 5'8.25" or 5'8.5".
(07-13-2018, 04:29 PM)john24 Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 03:16 PM)kristijan2000 Wrote:

Well you can grow some pretty good facial hair and you have some chest hair so it looks like you're close to your final height. I think you'll settle at 5'8.25" or 5'8.5".

I know you have good intent, but that was not really the point of this thread. Every single one of my friends grew 15 to 20cm minimum, why didn't I grow like that was the question of the thread. Late growth spurt ? Stunted growth ? And should I check up with my doc to see what my bone age is ?

I just want to be average...

You probably started puberty early, which is why you grew less than others. Most guys stop growing at 21 years old, so if you reached 21 years old and still hadn't grown, then you're probably done growing. (Btw morning height isn't your legit height)
(07-13-2018, 07:27 PM)heightmaster Wrote:

You probably started puberty early, which is why you grew less than others. Most guys stop growing at 21 years old, so if you reached 21 years old and still hadn't grown, then you're probably done growing. (Btw morning height isn't your legit height)

If you only grew 2 inches after 12. Then that means you probaley had a bone age of a 15.6 year old

How come ? Everyone here uses morning height if somebody asks for it. Well I certainly won't be using my before sleeping height, you use the max height you can achieve, most people even add an inch. But I didn't, I'm just simply using morning height.

Btw I'm 18 and I didn't have a growth spurt during puberty as I'm certain I entered puberty at 12/13.
(07-13-2018, 08:06 PM)Ja533 Wrote:

If you only grew 2 inches after 12. Then that means you probaley had a bone age of a 15.6 year old
I'm guessing that's not good to have 15 and a half year old bones if i'm 18. Should I go the doc ASAP or can it wait till the next week ?
Well, I got a doctor's appointment, but I'll have to wait till Autumn to see if I need HGH. Can I get it from him or do I really have to need it ? Would the HGH not work if I don't need it, but my growth plates are still open ?
Bruh, you just got unlucky thats all... and if your morning height is just 5'8 that means your night height/true height will be like 5'7-5'7.25
people who use morning heights as their claimed heights are basically people who lie about their true height since your morning height only lasts about like what, half an hour?
(07-13-2018, 10:42 PM)dasher981 Wrote: Bruh, you just got unlucky thats all... and if your morning height is just 5'8 that means your night height/true height will be like 5'7-5'7.25
people who use morning heights as their claimed heights are basically people who lie about their true height since your morning height only lasts about like what, half an hour?

Dude, I dunno what you're talking about, nobody uses their before bed height as everyone measures in the morning, if it was like that the average height would be 5'8.5 not 5'9.5. Lying is when you add an inch or two to your morning height and you're a lvl 100 sharlatan if you lie by more than 3 inches.

Also 90% of your morning height disappears by dinner time, but still everybody uses that measurement as height fluctuates a lot and everyone wants to be that little bit taller.

I don't settle for unlucky genes, I'm a warrior. When I started balding I got myself some anti balding shampoo and it worked, now I'm gonna get me that HGH recipe from my doctor and eclipse my father in my greatness.  Cool
(07-13-2018, 08:10 PM)kristijan2000 Wrote:
(07-13-2018, 08:06 PM)Ja533 Wrote:

I'm guessing that's not good to have 15 and a half year old bones if i'm 18. Should I go the doc ASAP or can it wait till the next week ?
i mean that you probaley had 15.6 bone age when you were 12. Because the average peraon grows 2 inches taller after 15.6. The younger your bone age the more you grow
If what you're saying is true, then you're either an early bloomer or you weren't eating well from 12 till now. Are you a picky eater? You need to get enough nutrients particularly protein to grow. Tell us about your diet.
(07-14-2018, 06:34 AM)marcus Wrote: If what you're saying is true, then you're either an early bloomer or you weren't eating well from 12 till now. Are you a picky eater? You need to get enough nutrients particularly protein to grow. Tell us about your diet.

I'm a picky eater, but in the last year or so I decided to eat a lot more because from 12 to 18 yrs old my weight hasn't changed, I'm still only 60kg !

As for diet, I don't have any particular plan. But I used to drink a lot of milk incl. for cocoa, eat less meat, more potato and fish. Not a lot of salads, but I would eat tomatos, green beans and other vegetables.

Now I drink less milk, but I eat more meat. Still have a lot of potato, fish and vegetables in my diet. Note : this is all homemade food from my mom's. Not any of that store bought stuff.
Man you talk as if there's something wrong with you. Not everyone reaches their father's height you know. Don't forget that your mother is only 5'1".

(07-13-2018, 10:50 PM)kristijan2000 Wrote: I don't settle for unlucky genes, I'm a warrior. When I started balding I got myself some anti balding shampoo and it worked, now I'm gonna get me that HGH recipe from my doctor and eclipse my father in my greatness.  Cool

It's out of your hands man. HGH treatment doesn't work on people with normal HGH levels. If it did every short man would do it.
(07-16-2018, 04:04 AM)thecaz Wrote: Man you talk as if there's something wrong with you. Not everyone reaches their father's height you know. Don't forget that your mother is only 5'1".

(07-13-2018, 10:50 PM)kristijan2000 Wrote: I don't settle for unlucky genes, I'm a warrior. When I started balding I got myself some anti balding shampoo and it worked, now I'm gonna get me that HGH recipe from my doctor and eclipse my father in my greatness.  Cool

It's out of your hands man. HGH treatment doesn't work on people with normal HGH levels. If it did every short man would do it.
Dude I was pretty average before puberty that's why I'm not extremely short now. But growing less than 5cm per 6 years is worrying along with the fact that I didn't get any heavier.

People can have short mom's and still be tall, my father's mom is a lot shorter than my mom. She's 4'11. Also I noticed you're talking like I stopped growing, I didn't. I'm just growing extremely slow, that's why I want to get HGH to make me grow faster whilst I still can. I think I have HG deficiency, so that's why.
lol some people are so delusional

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I haven't grown taller in 5 months. Is it normal? monzkilber 6 128 Yesterday, 01:47 AM
Last Post: springfield
  I never knew how big a 2 inch height difference was until I grew Militant99889 6 378 07-28-2018, 09:08 PM
Last Post: john24
  They say a soccer player grew up from 5'6 to 6'4 after 18 but that is a lie frero 4 520 03-04-2018, 07:18 PM
Last Post: albertrichter
Shocked 7 footer says he grew 9 inches after 16! MrNaero 3 474 02-19-2018, 06:34 PM
Last Post: acorn
  Why is 5'7 thought to be outside the normal range of height? randomperson 9 975 02-11-2018, 05:51 PM
Last Post: mrbumble95