At what point does height become a hindrance?
A lot of people seem to think that "taller is better" but surely there's a limit? I agree that it's great to be tall but I wouldn't want to be over 7 feet and I don't think most people would either. I think most men want to be somewhere between 6 feet and 6'5", but maybe I'm wrong, which is why I'm posting this thread.
(06-21-2018, 10:11 AM)siejag Wrote: A lot of people seem to think that "taller is better" but surely there's a limit? I agree that it's great to be tall but I wouldn't want to be over 7 feet and I don't think most people would either. I think most men want to be somewhere between 6 feet and 6'5", but maybe I'm wrong, which is why I'm posting this thread.

I've seen 6'3" people say their height can be a little problematic. 6'2" people? Never seen one complain that he's too tall so I assume 6'3" is when height starts becoming a problem. Personally I'd be more than satisfied with 6 feet. Then again if I was 6 feet I might see it differently, who knows...
6'5"
6'4" but I'm sure most people would enjoy being that tall.

Edit: I meant men, lol
(06-22-2018, 07:06 AM)john24 Wrote: 6'4" but I'm sure most people would enjoy being that tall.

Edit: I meant men, lol

From what I've seen most people under 6 feet want to be 6'2" and people over 6 feet want to be 6'5".
I agree with 6'5" too. Pity this wasn't a poll...
(06-21-2018, 10:51 AM)TripleJ Wrote:
(06-21-2018, 10:11 AM)siejag Wrote: A lot of people seem to think that "taller is better" but surely there's a limit? I agree that it's great to be tall but I wouldn't want to be over 7 feet and I don't think most people would either. I think most men want to be somewhere between 6 feet and 6'5", but maybe I'm wrong, which is why I'm posting this thread.

I've seen 6'3" people say their height can be a little problematic. 6'2" people? Never seen one complain that he's too tall so I assume 6'3" is when height starts becoming a problem. Personally I'd be more than satisfied with 6 feet. Then again if I was 6 feet I might see it differently, who knows...

Yeah but it's just minor annoyances really. The benefits certainly outweigh them.

(06-23-2018, 12:52 PM)crux777 Wrote: I agree with 6'5" too. Pity this wasn't a poll...

Guests can't create polls.
I would say around 6'5"/6'6" although in my opinion it's more accurate to think about it in terms of tradeoffs rather than a hindrance.
(06-24-2018, 09:07 PM)StillGrowing Wrote: I would say around 6'5"/6'6" although in my opinion it's more accurate to think about it in terms of tradeoffs rather than a hindrance.

Exactly. My height can be a bit of a pain sometimes but I wouldn't think of it as a hindrance, and I certainly have no desire to be shorter. At the end of the day I think the joy of being big trumps all the little disadvantages. Only a guy who really hates being the center of attention would hate being extremely tall.
(06-25-2018, 08:25 PM)dekai Wrote:
(06-24-2018, 09:07 PM)StillGrowing Wrote: I would say around 6'5"/6'6" although in my opinion it's more accurate to think about it in terms of tradeoffs rather than a hindrance.

Exactly. My height can be a bit of a pain sometimes but I wouldn't think of it as a hindrance, and I certainly have no desire to be shorter. At the end of the day I think the joy of being big trumps all the little disadvantages. Only a guy who really hates being the center of attention would hate being extremely tall.

Agreed. I think height is a beautiful thing as long as it's natural. Wink
Only when you start having physical problems because of your height, like foot and/or back problems.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  At what point is someone getting towered over ? Miscer90 8 1,568 02-28-2018, 10:23 PM
Last Post: ozzie
  What is the starting point of short? randomperson 7 833 12-21-2017, 01:55 PM
Last Post: MrNaero
Question At which point is height no longer an advantage? EricBosch 2 382 12-09-2017, 10:31 PM
Last Post: Paul