5'9" is a great height
I can't believe there are so many people online who think it's on the short side At that height, you're a full 2 inches away from being a short man. Almost everyone is convinced that 5'10 is average and 5'9 is on the short side, but 5'9 guy will feel totally average, and not "slightly short" like people think. A 5'9" guy will never face heightism, get ridiculed for his height, or be rejected by the vast majority of women either. It's also much better to be that height for maintaining a good physique than being short or tall.
(06-11-2018, 06:27 PM)sun92344 Wrote: I can't believe there are so many people online who think it's on the short side At that height, you're a full 2 inches away from being a short man. Almost everyone is convinced that 5'10 is average and 5'9 is on the short side, but 5'9 guy will feel totally average, and not "slightly short" like people think. A 5'9" guy will never face heightism, get ridiculed for his height, or be rejected by the vast majority of women either. It's also much better to be that height for maintaining a good physique than being short or tall.

No it's not, especially if you come from a tall family. How is it great to be barely average? It's a decent height but certainly not great, unless you're from a country with shorter people like the Philippines.
Its not really that great a height its a little bit under the US average of 5'9.7 and is average at best. If you come from a short family then you should happy other then that no.
Only if you have short parents!
No height is objectively "great", "bad", or "too tall/short" unless it causes you serious medical problems.

The only issue here is heightism; how people perceive you for your height and the unfounded prejudices they form based on it.
(06-11-2018, 11:59 PM)Ja533 Wrote: Its not really that great a height its a little bit under the US average of 5'9.7 and is average at best. If you come from a short family then you should happy other then that no.
*The white average. The national average is barely over 5'9". I agree though, it's decent but certainly not great or even good.
It's underrated. People think it's short but it isn't. I wouldn't call it great though...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Great post on r/short about some 5'7-5'9ers luro98 3 396 01-31-2018, 05:59 PM
Last Post: johnson
  Great post about 5'8 men johnmeyers 3 431 01-25-2018, 08:26 PM
Last Post: randomperson
Thumbs Up It's great to see posts like this acorn 1 285 12-30-2017, 08:24 PM
Last Post: basso
  Great way to tell when people are lying about height marangio 1 330 12-30-2017, 12:47 PM
Last Post: swizz
Thumbs Up Really great post drifter 2 321 12-11-2017, 11:33 PM
Last Post: SFTS