Why do so many people think their 6'0
The other day there was a kid in my class that claimed he was 6 feet tall barefoot when the kid was around the 5'10 range I then told the kid right next to me that there is no way he is 6 feet because I'm 6 feet and he is shorter than me and then he told me he probably is 6'0 and then said im 5'10 when the kid was like around the 5'8 range. I hate when people who are around 5'10 inflate their height to 6ft it makes someone who is legitamely 6'0 like me seem barely above average when I'm legitimately taller than 8 out of 10 men who are fully grown
(06-07-2018, 09:27 PM)Ja533 Wrote: The other day there was a kid in my class that claimed he was 6 feet tall barefoot when the kid was around the 5'10 range I then told the kid right next to me that there is no way he is 6 feet because I'm 6 feet and he is shorter than me and then he told me he probably is 6'0  and then said im 5'10 when the kid was like around the 5'8 range. I hate when people who are around 5'10 inflate their height to 6ft it makes someone who is legitamely 6'0 like me seem barely above average when I'm legitimately taller than 8 out of 10 men who are fully grown

I encounter men like that all the time and when I call them out they tell me I'm 6'1" or something. As a 5'11" man it's hilarious to meet so many shorter people who claim to be 6 feet tall. But do they really think they're 6 feet? I don't think so. They lie because 6 feet sounds much better than 5 foot something.
Everyone wants to be over 6 feet I guess. Most of them just lie but some measure themselves in shoes and/or in the morning.
This is a pretty common occurrence that I notice as a college student at parties or other social situations. I honestly can't blame people (especially guys) for inflating their height, heightism is very much a prevalent form of discrimination (perhaps not as great as racism or misogyny, but still existent, consequential, and often ignored nonetheless) and many people do attribute a great deal of their self-worth to their physical appearance.

I am a strong 6 footer (184 cm after lunch) and I do notice that guys an inch or two shorter than me often claim to be 6'0" or 6'1". People's perception of height is often skewed, so people do often believe that guys in the 5'10"-5'11" range are 6 footers while actual 6 footers are often guessed at being taller.