Why are other height forums so bad with measurements?
I've seen other forums like r/short say "you're only 2 inches taller","a 5'9 guy can become 5'11 with the right shoe" "I feel close in height to people who are 3 inches taller", I know they aren't as concerned with height differences, but still, How can they treat 2-3 inches like  cm? It's also ridiculous to think that they would be 2 inches taller with "the right lifts" or "the right shoe", when a thick shoe would only make you look half an inch taller or so. Another one is "leg lengthening only adds 2-3 inches".It's funny because The average american probably thinks an inch isn't significant, but these people say 2 inches is barely noticeable, and they're on forums dedicated to height talk. It seems like many of them aren't really trolling either.
(06-06-2018, 04:57 PM)fan923422 Wrote: I've seen other forums like r/short say "you're only 2 inches taller","a 5'9 guy can become 5'11 with the right shoe" "I feel close in height to people who are 3 inches taller", I know they aren't as concerned with height differences, but still, How can they treat 2-3 inches like  cm? It's also ridiculous to think that they would be 2 inches taller with "the right lifts" or "the right shoe", when a thick shoe would only make you look half an inch taller or so. Another one is "leg lengthening only adds 2-3 inches".It's funny because The average american probably thinks an inch isn't significant, but these people say 2 inches is barely noticeable, and they're on forums dedicated to height talk. It seems like many of them aren't really trolling either.

What height forums? As far as I know this is the only one there is, except for r/short and r/tall, which are not really height forums.
(06-06-2018, 07:28 PM)celtiberian Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 04:57 PM)fan923422 Wrote: I've seen other forums like r/short say "you're only 2 inches taller","a 5'9 guy can become 5'11 with the right shoe" "I feel close in height to people who are 3 inches taller", I know they aren't as concerned with height differences, but still, How can they treat 2-3 inches like  cm? It's also ridiculous to think that they would be 2 inches taller with "the right lifts" or "the right shoe", when a thick shoe would only make you look half an inch taller or so. Another one is "leg lengthening only adds 2-3 inches".It's funny because The average american probably thinks an inch isn't significant, but these people say 2 inches is barely noticeable, and they're on forums dedicated to height talk. It seems like many of them aren't really trolling either.

What height forums? As far as I know this is the only one there is, except for r/short and r/tall, which are not really height forums.

He's probably talking about limb lengthening forums, and maybe the height section on Quora, which is similar to a forum.
(06-06-2018, 08:12 PM)lildon Wrote:
(06-06-2018, 07:28 PM)celtiberian Wrote:

He's probably talking about limb lengthening forums, and maybe the height section on Quora, which is similar to a forum.

Yeah and most of the people in those forums are not obsessed with accuracy like most people here. They don't have a celebrity height section dedicated to finding out real heights. They're just for people interested in "growing" taller, bragging/complaining about height or talking about heightism.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Question about height measurements Cory1234 6 268 07-13-2018, 08:05 PM
Last Post: kristijan2000
  Why was there a 1/4th inch error between 2 stadiometer measurements? luro98 5 485 04-10-2018, 08:05 PM
Last Post: luro98
  Difference in height measurements for white guys in studies luro98 6 596 01-15-2018, 09:36 PM
Last Post: ironfist
  Hard floors give different measurements? luro98 3 471 12-28-2017, 12:42 AM
Last Post: jmorris724
  How BB forums sees male height luro98 3 402 12-03-2017, 04:13 AM
Last Post: luro98