I think weight lifting really does stunt growth
Think about it. Muscles need HGH to grow bigger, the same hormone the body needs to grow taller, so if most of your HGH is being used for muscle growth then your height might actually be hindered. I know 2 guys who lifted a lot of weights in their early teens and they're both shorter than 5'7". I don't think it's a coincidence.
(05-03-2018, 11:18 PM)celtiberian Wrote: Think about it. Muscles need HGH to grow bigger, the same hormone the body needs to grow taller, so if most of your HGH is being used for muscle growth then your height might actually be hindered. I know 2 guys who lifted a lot of weights in their early teens and they're both shorter than 5'7". I don't think it's a coincidence.

It's just a coincidence man. The belief that hard work (or weight lifting) stunts growth started in Japan because apparently children performing heavy labor were shorter than the other kids, but the reason for their short stature was malnutrition not the work itself. Read this thread:

https://heightboard.com/thread-Weight-tr...unt-growth
(05-03-2018, 11:18 PM)celtiberian Wrote: Think about it. Muscles need HGH to grow bigger, the same hormone the body needs to grow taller, so if most of your HGH is being used for muscle growth then your height might actually be hindered. I know 2 guys who lifted a lot of weights in their early teens and they're both shorter than 5'7". I don't think it's a coincidence.

It doesn't work that way. The body will just create extra HGH. The only thing that really stunts growth is undernourishment.
I started lifting weights in my early teens too and it didn't have any effect on my height. It's BS. Same thing with the theory that eating meat makes you grow taller.
(05-05-2018, 11:10 PM)paulus Wrote: I started lifting weights in my early teens too and it didn't have any effect on my height. It's BS. Same thing with the theory that eating meat makes you grow taller.

I know plenty of guys who lifted weights as teens who are tall too. I don't think it has any effect.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big growth spurt at 21. Any chance of further growth Wannabe6'1 6 142 08-12-2018, 08:15 PM
Last Post: paulus
  Does weed stunt growth Ja533 3 167 07-20-2018, 10:41 PM
Last Post: springfield
  Shouldn't the average weight be higher in the US and Europe? gt sette 4 565 04-18-2018, 06:06 AM
Last Post: lambo33
Video Weight training does not stunt growth drifter 4 462 01-25-2018, 10:42 AM
Last Post: matodon
  Did insomnia stunt my growth? danielprice 5 597 12-15-2017, 04:57 AM
Last Post: cat5