How much shorter do you appear slouching?
I’ve measured myself to test this, and personally I seem to measure anywhere from .05-1 inch shorter than with forced posture. How much shorter do you think the average person is when not standing erect?
Just tested this. For me there's only a quarter inch difference between standing relaxed and standing tall. My normal posture isn't forced or anything I just have good posture and don't slouch. 

I have no idea how much it would be for the average person but I think for some people it can definitely be a couple of inches or more. My dad for example is a legit 5'11 but he has some of the worst posture I've ever seen (rounded shoulders and forward neck) so he looks like a 5'9 guy a lot of the time. When I measured him it seemed like it was difficult for him to stand his tallest, like he had to exert a lot of effort in order to do so. He is quite overweight and getting older so it probably has some effect on his ability to stand tall. I imagine there are probably many other people like him 
(04-17-2018, 04:15 PM)luro98 Wrote: I’ve measured myself to test this, and personally I seem to measure anywhere from .05-1 inch shorter than with forced posture. How much shorter do you think the average person is when not standing erect?

Depends on the person's back, and his height. Taller people will probably lose an inch or more while slouching, especially if they have a bad back! I think anywhere from half an inch to an inch and a half is normal, but if you lose more than 2 inches then you have some serious posture problems.
I tested this too and I'm almost 2 inches shorter when I don't stand up straight.
(04-21-2018, 11:59 PM)solarboy Wrote: I tested this too and I'm almost 2 inches shorter when I don't stand up straight.

"6ft 6in"

makes sense
Not much unless you have a really bad back.