Are my growth plates fused? (X-ray of my knees)
Hey, it's me again.

So I created a post earlier asking if it was possible for me to grow if my forearms were skinny and if my facial hair has not grown yet. I also asked if it was possible to see if I will grow again according to an X-ray of my knees. I had knee pain a few months earlier and I remembered I did an X-ray exam with both of my knees.

I'm almost 18 and 5'7 tall. Didn't gained an inch for the last 2 years and desesperatly waiting for a growth spurt is depressing and boring to be honest. Please if you know, tell me if my growth plates are fused or not. I want to know if whether or not I still have a chance to reach the average height.

https://imgur.com/bG3GPKi

Thanks you for your help and your honesty. I won't get depressed if you tell me my growth is done, because I already kinda know it. I just want to be sure.
(04-13-2018, 08:46 AM)darkdwarf Wrote: Hey, it's me again.

So I created a post earlier asking if it was possible for me to grow if my forearms were skinny and if my facial hair has not grown yet. I also asked if it was possible to see if I will grow again according to an X-ray of my knees. I had knee pain a few months earlier and I remembered I did an X-ray exam with both of my knees.

I'm almost 18 and 5'7 tall. Didn't gained an inch for the last 2 years and desesperatly waiting for a growth spurt is depressing and boring to be honest. Please if you know, tell me if my growth plates are fused or not. I want to know if whether or not I still have a chance to reach the average height.

https://imgur.com/bG3GPKi

Thanks you for your help and your honesty. I won't get depressed if you tell me my growth is done, because I already kinda know it. I just want to be sure.

Looks like it. Here's what open and fused growth plates look like:

[Image: jO94x3z.jpg]

[Image: eUCzPJ7.jpg]

See that thin gap between the bones in the diagrams on the left? Yours looks closed as well.
[Image: bG3GPKi.jpg]

Yes they're definitely fused...
There's no gap so yes they are fused. You're 18 years old so it makes sense.
Thanks for your answers guys! That's what I thought, my grow plates are completely fused.

Anyway I have another question. If my knee grow plates are fused, does this means all of my grow plates are fused? Can my grow plates located in my arms or my shoulders still be unfused? Also, is this possible to gain 1 inch or 2 while having fused grow plates?

I just need to be 3 or 4 cms taller and I'll be good... 5'8 is perfectly okay for me. But 5'7...still a little bit too short imo.
(04-15-2018, 04:30 PM)darkdwarf Wrote: Thanks for your answers guys! That's what I thought, my grow plates are completely fused.

Anyway I have another question. If my knee grow plates are fused, does this means all of my grow plates are fused? Can my grow plates located in my arms or my shoulders still be unfused? Also, is this possible to gain 1 inch or 2 while having fused grow plates?

I just need to be 3 or 4 cms taller and I'll be good... 5'8 is perfectly okay for me. But 5'7...still a little bit too short imo.

Yes the growth plates fuse all at once and so far science has not discovered a method to grow taller after that happens. You can always try posture and stretching exercises but I'm very skeptical of their effectiveness.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo What fused and open growth plates look like arsenal 4 569 01-10-2018, 04:58 PM
Last Post: EricBosch
  Welp, just got my growth plates checked... YaBoiJack 9 790 10-18-2017, 01:55 AM
Last Post: rustavo